Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Young goodman brown questions

1) I think Hawthorne's purpose was to show that not everything can always be good and to show everyone is face with challenges.

2) I agree that Faith's name fit her personality because she is a symbol of innocence. Although I think she is a symbol of innocence I don't think Brown had as much faith in her as he did before his journey.

3) I think the pink ribbons signify innocence like a baby girl's color in which a baby has innocence from the beginning.

4) I think everything Brown witnessed was all a dream. The setting I the stir made the story seem mythical with the Salem witch trials and everything that happened to him was something a person wouldn't encounter being in the woods or even a person going to a dark woods by themselves seems unlikely.

5) I think the old man is the devil. I think this because he gives off a dark mood and he seems very negative and cold.

6) I think the staff is part of Brown's own conscience because it is leading him towards evil even more.

7) I think if Brown didn't go into the forest he would've just lived the same life thinking that everything was innocent and not being able to deal with a situation where evil is involved. I think he still would've had Faith because he wouldn't have ever questioned her and would've kept trusting the townspeople and her without knowing the full truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment