Monday, February 4, 2013

SPRING VOCAB #2

Suffused- Gradually spread through or over
- I suffused posters at school.
Centrifuge- Machine that uses force to deprecate a substance
- The man got killed by the centrifuge.
Sieve- A utensil consisting of wire or mesh
-She's got a mind like a sieve.
Dentifrice- Paste or powder for cleaning teeth
- My grandparents used dentifrice for their teeth.
Leisure- use of free time for enjoyment
- Summer is student's leisure.
Patronage- the power to control appointments to office or The right to privlages
- Our principal has patronage over our school.
Saccharine- excessively sweet
Saccharine is favorable for children.
Phonograph- A record player
- My grandparents owned a phonograph.
Profusion- A large quantity of something
- I have a profusion amount of homework.
Cadence- a modulation or inflection o the voice
- When I'm sick I have a cadence when I talk.
Vessel- Ship or large boat
- The marines have many vessels.
Praetorian- Having power
- The instructor was the praetorian.
Delinquent- Failing
The teenager broke the law and became a delinquent.
Gibbering- talking non-sense
- The little boy was gibbering from excitement.
Insidious- treturous/ desietful
- The killer was insidious.
Strewn- scattered randomly
- The stack of papers were strewn across the room.
Veiled- bridal veil
- The bride was veiled walking down the isle.
Harlequin- classic comedian
- My uncle is a harlequin.
Toil- work
- Not all students toil at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment